Friday, August 10, 2012

What Love Looks Like in Every Day Life

I had a blog post all prepared about how we keep our house in order:  a chore chart, a menu/shopping list, and school lesson plans.  While we do follow this system faithfully in our home, the Lord's been teaching me that's it's all for nothing if I don't check off my checklist with love in my heart.  I found this poem (I am sorry, but I have no idea who wrote it!) and it encouraged my heart.  I hope it encourages yours!

Love

If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place, but have not love-I am a housekeeper, not a homemaker.
If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements, but have not love-my children learn of cleanliness, not godliness.
Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh.
Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.
Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.
Love is present through trials.
Love reprimands, reproves, and is responsive.
As a mohter there is much I must teach my child, but the greates of all is...LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment